Learn About Your Eye Condition From a Reputable Eye Doctor
There are a number of common eye problems that can keep an individual from experiencing perfect vision, and Dr. Sam Johansen is here to educate you on what’s going on with your eyes and vision. At Johansen Precision Eye Care, we’re not only committed to helping our patients see better, we also want to make sure we teach them. Find out what’s going on with your eye health and what you can do to remedy the situation.
Common Eye Problems
While most of our patients are familiar with common eye issues such as nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, there are several other eye issues an eye doctor in Greenwood SC, can help you to understand and address. Examples of such eye issues include:
- Conjunctivitis, more commonly known as pink eye, in which the lining of the inner eyelid becomes inflamed
- Cataracts, a condition that clouds the lens of the eye and obscures an individual’s vision
- Diabetic retinopathy, which affects diabetics and weakens the retina’s blood vessels, which can lead to leaking and swelling of the affected vessels
- Myopia, which is essentially nearsightedness
- Hyperopia, which is farsightedness
- Amblyopia, also sometimes known as lazy eye when the vision in either one or both eyes fail to properly develop during a person’s childhood
- Macular degeneration, a common eye condition in which an individual experiences a loss in the center of her or his field of vision
Receive an Accurate Diagnosis
If any of the above eye conditions or noted symptoms apply to you, it’s best that you see an eye doctor. Even if it turns out to be nothing, it’s always best to lean on the side of cautiousness, especially when your eyes are concerned.
To schedule a consultation or learn more about common eye problems, submit an online appointment request form while you’re here on our site. You’re also welcome to get in touch with Johansen Precision Eye Care by calling (864) 543-3939.